Review all the good things that came from our fundraising efforts last year!
Results are in!
Many have been asking, “So how did the Boosterthon Fun Run do? How much did we raise?” We wanted to wait until most of the money had been collected before announcing the results.
Boosterthon brought a net amount to Sunderland of $46,876 with a 98% collection rate. Our goal was a net of $27,000 so we are beyond excited with the support shown to the school as we significantly exceeded the goal!
Ms. Vogel and the FSO are currently looking into computers and other technology to purchase for our school.
Friday 3/11 Mr. Ruffo Made Good on the 50 State Pledge!
We hope everyone enjoyed Wednesday’s Fun Run!
594 Sunderland Seahawks Ran a total of 20,541 laps!
You Broke Boosterthon! Well sort of, the program exceeded expectations from the FSO AND even from the Boosterthon Team. So, they ran out of some fitness rewards, but don’t worry, the team is ordering more and they will be back at school next week for collection and will attempt to get those rewards to the children at that time.
Speaking of collection, we’re not done yet! Now we need to finish strong by actually collecting the money that our sponsors have promised and get it to school. On Thursday the 3rd, the children will receive special envelopes for collection. You can login to your child’s funrun.com dashboard to see what needs to be collected. On March 9th please enclose the checks and cash into the envelope and send it to school with your child. Checks should be made out to Sunderland FSO. On March 9th we will have a team in place to receive, account and tally all funds. So we would prefer that the money come in only on Wednesday, March 9th.
Wednesday 3/6 Fun Run Pictures and Videos!
- Photo Gallery: Kindergarten at Fun Run
- Photo Gallery: 1st Grade at Fun Run
- Photo Gallery: 2nd Grade at Fun Run
- Photo Gallery: 3rd Grade at Fun Run
- Photo Gallery: 4th Grade at Fun Run
- Photo Gallery: 5th Grade at Fun Run
- Video: Kindergarten, Pre-K, Head Start
- Video: 1st Grade
- Video: 2nd Grade
- Video: 3rd Grade
- Video: 4th Grade
- Video: 5th Grade
- 50 State Challenge Video: Mr. Ruffo Gets Chased by Seahawk
- funrun.com remains open if you’d like to review program videos.
- How is the program doing? Numbers…
- Video: Mr. Ruffo’s 50 State Challenge!
- Pep Rally Photos
- Ms. Vogel’s Video Welcome to funrun.co
- Details for parents about the program
Boosterthon is a series of global fitness themed character building lessons over several days that began Monday February 22. There was fundraising Fun Run on the last day, Wednesday, March 2nd, where family and friends sponsored their students.
We’re trying to raise money to expand our student technology programs. Before Christmas, Sunderland added HP Stream computers for each student in 4th grade. We are excited about the possibilities of what our students can achieve if we could expand a similar program to other Sunderland classrooms.
Previous Updates & links:
- A Goofy Video where Seahawk tries to get everyone charged up.
- Video: TRex Tessa & Action Austin Weekend Challenge
- Video Coverage of our Kickoff Pep Rally
- Day 2 Video Coverage of the Teamwork Character Play of the Day
- Day 3 Video: Prize Distribution & Living with Curiosity
- Day 3 Living with Curiosity: Full Video
- Day 4 Team Huddle [Practice] & Classroom Visit
- Video: Day 4 Team Huddle
- Friday Video coverage of Team Huddle and Classroom Visits
- Video: Monday huddles and classroom visits
- Video: Fun Run Eve Huddle
- Video: 1 week out preview
- Video: Longer preview for students
- The Boosterthon team for your organization.
Questions about this program? Contact Chairperson Lara Thornton.