Sunderland Elementary School Family & School Organization (SESFSO) is the booster organization for our large Elementary School. The organization is led by President Lynette Zentgraft and an Executive Board. The FSO meets monthly, (check calendar) and all are welcome.
A few years ago, the FSO came about after relinquishing a PTA affiliation. Doing this allowed the group to have complete local control over their governance and treasury.
The FSO helps the school create a community atmosphere and takes care of a whole bunch of non-instructional duties that keep the school rolling along and letting the educators focus on educating.
Some of the things SESFSO does:
- Coordinate event and classroom volunteers
- Provide incentive programs for students in reading programs, testing and showing school spirit
- Show appreciation for SES faculty and staff with lunch for a full week!
- Organize and Run monthly Family Fun nights such as movies, dinner, festivals, etc.
- Assist with special school events such as bus drills, picture days, open houses, and field day
- Coordinate school loyalty & business support programs such as box tops, grocery receipts, and restaurant nights
- Enhance school communication with yearbook publishing, sunderlandfso.org and Twitter
Sunderland FSO is a fully registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization and copies of our financial records are available to review at our meetings. The group is all volunteer and has very low overhead, so you can be assured that your donations will actually benefit the Sunderland Community. We work hand-in-hand with administration to determine fundraising priorities. Previously, we had a very successful Boosterthon program which raised over $47,000 for technology. You can find out about some of the items that we have provided to the school through fundraising in previous years here.